As part of the redesign completed during the summer of 2010, I made a slight change in the way I notated range to make it more consistent with the way the rest of the world notates range (blame the original choice of a range notation system on youthful ignorance!). As an unintended side-effect of this change, it turned out that many of the ranges for arias in the Database displayed incorrectly in the aria entries. You might have seen an entry that indicated that the lowest note in an aria was higher than the highest note or even an entry where one of the notes was replaced by a broken image indicator.
After working on it the entire summer and updating ranges one by one, I believe that all ranges are now notated correctly in the Database and should all display correctly (let me know if I’m wrong!). I have also made a list of operas and arias that do not include range and I plan to go through those arias and add the ranges as part of the next step of improving the data in the Aria Database. Please let me know if you find any ranges that look suspicious – there’s always a chance I might have missed one!